Few facial plastic surgeries have the same dramatic effects that a facelift provides. Even with all the other anti-aging procedures available, facelifts are still the gold standard in rejuvenating the face and erasing decades off of your appearance. At City Facial Plastics, we utilize cutting-edge techniques to give our facelift patients natural, long-lasting results. Dr. Gary Linkov specializes in customized facelifts for our patients, helping them enjoy a rejuvenated, youthful appearance.
What is a Facelift?
A facelift is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates the central and lower face and the neck. It smooths the creases between the cheeks and the upper lip and reduces the loose skin that develops between the cheek, chin and jaw line. It can also define the jaw line and correct droopy or wrinkled neck skin. The procedure involves removing excess skin and tightening facial tissue to provide long-lasting results. Because facelifts can be performed alone or in conjunction with other facial enhancements, downtime depends on the extent of your procedure. There are many types of facelifts, but the best one is a customized approach that addresses your problem areas and concerns.
Who is a Candidate?
Anyone who is in good health and has noticed sagging skin and tissue around the jowls, chin and neck, may be a good candidate for a facelift. There are different levels of facelifts, depending on the extent of lifting or tightening needed. Men and women from their early forties and beyond may be good candidates for facelifts. Some may only need a “mini facelift” or even a non-surgical facelift. Others may need to combine a neck lift, brow lift or eye lift with a facelift to get the results they desire. Dr. Linkov personalizes every facelift procedure with regard to the patient’s expectations and desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Facelifts
Facelifts are one of the most commonly requested surgical procedures at City Facial Plastics. It is understandable that our patients have many questions about the procedure and what to expect.
Here are some FAQs and answers:
- How long is recovery from a facelift surgery?
- Since there are different types of facelifts, the answer can vary. Mini-facelifts can be a “weekend” procedure only requiring a few days to recover. For complete facelifts, most people can return to work or normal activities in about two weeks.
- Will a facelift make my skin looked stretched?
- Poor facelifts that only tighten the skin do not last and have an unnatural appearance. Dr. Linkov uses advanced surgical methods to elevate both the tissue and the skin for a natural, rejuvenated appearance that can last for many years.
- Where will the incisions be placed?
- In most facelift procedures, the incisions are located by the ear and are discreetly hidden in the hairline. Dr. Linkov uses cutting-edge techniques to minimize any noticeable incision scars.
- What type of anesthesia is used during the procedure?
- In most cases, general anesthesia is used for facelift procedures. Dr. Linkov and our team will discuss the anesthesia protocol and go over your health and medical history prior to scheduling your facelift procedure.
- How soon will I be able to see results?
- There is bruising and swelling to be expected after a surgical facelift, but most of this will diminish in the first two weeks after surgery. A noticeable difference can be seen as soon as the bandages are removed. Results will improve as the bruising fades and the swelling goes away.
If you are ready to explore the benefits of looking years younger, contact City Facial Plastics in Manhattan today. We will schedule a facelift consultation with Dr. Linkov. In just a few weeks, you could look many years younger and feel more confident in your appearance.